For students heading to the symposium with Professor Tompkins and me on Friday:1. We are leaving from in front of the sign on Big Blue at 8:30am.
2. We will probably stop at least once on the way down.
3. Here is the site for the conference: http://gwmemsi.blogspot.com/2008/09/touching-past-november-7.html
4. Here is a google map on how to get there:
4. To avoid Friday afternoon traffic it makes sense for us to delay our departure until around 7pm which gives us time to eat near the University. According to JJ Cohen there are plenty of good, exotic restaurants nearby.
5. JJ Cohen says we can park nearby:
There is a garage directly across the street from us. It is expensive ($15) but always has space. The garage can be entered via 22nd, H, or I streets. The symposium is at 801 22nd St NW romm 411 (Academic Center).
If you have questions this week or if your plans change, let us know. If I think of anything else, I’ll post it here or email you. Finally, watch your email the night and morning of the trip in case there are important last minute changes.